The world of application development is undergoing a transformation. New platforms for server and client, new development tools, new languages, newfound status, and new deployment methodologies mean the already quick pace of change has gotten faster.
The respondents to InformationWeek and Dr. Dobb’s first App Dev Priorities Survey told us in no uncertain terms that they’re meeting that change head-on, even as workloads stay the same or increase. And, they’re doing it without significantly more money.
- 69% of respondents at organizations developing custom applications have Agile development methodologies in use.
- 59% say demand for application development is rising, yet just 49% say they’re adequately funded.
- 40% bring their security team in at the project planning phase, while 57% have a policy mandating secure coding practices.
- 38% say their orgs devote 10% or less of the overall IT budget to development and DevOps.
- 30% have more than 100 developed applications deployed; 12% have more than 500.
Download the full report to get inside the minds of more than 500 application development and business
technology professionals at North American organizations.