Technology marketers have tough jobs. Not only must they master their company’s sometimes complex products and offerings, but they also need to communicate quickly and succinctly — and in a way that is different from what their competitors are doing. Complicating matters is the long and often complex buyer’s journey.
But, there is good news. According to our latest research, as reported in Technology Content Marketing 2017: Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends—North America, 64% of technology marketers say their organization’s overall content marketing approach is much more or somewhat more successful compared with one year ago; 92% of those marketers attribute that success primarily to doing a better job with content creation.
So what specifically about content creation is working? Technology marketers who are most successful with content marketing (i.e., this year’s “top performers”) often approach content creation differently when compared with their less successful peers.
Here are some words to live by:
- Deliver content consistently
- Prioritize delivering content quality over content quantity
- Consider how your content impacts the overall experience a person has with your organization
- Focus on creating content for your audience versus your brand
- Craft content based on specific points of the buyer’s journey
- Prioritize providing the right content to the right person at the right time (See Content Connects ebook on how to do just that!)
- Differentiate your content from the competition
Want to learn more about how technology marketers approach content marketing? View the report for insights on the content marketing tactics and distribution methods they use, techniques they use to learn more about their audiences to create the right messages, metrics they use to gauge content marketing success, how much of their marketing budget they spend on content marketing, and more.