Event Offers a Holistic View of the Costs, Risks and Benefits of Information Security Investments
On Tuesday, February 28 beginning at 11 a.m. ET, UBM America's Dark Reading will host the Cybersecurity: Costs, Risks, and Benefits virtual event to provide a holistic view of the costs, risks and benefits of information security investments. The event will focus on such questions as: How much should an organization spend on information security? What's the potential cost of a major hack or data breach? What's the risk that an enterprise will be hit by a cyberattack? And, how can the benefits of a cybersecurity investment be measured?
The virtual event will bring together IT security leaders, business executives and cyber threat experts to discuss numerous topics, including: how to measure the risks and benefits of IT security, formulas to evaluate the costs and benefits of IT security, how to build a business case for IT security, and how to demonstrate performance and growth in the efficiency of the IT security department.
"Today's enterprises are spending more than ever on IT security, yet data breaches and compromises are also on the rise," said Tim Wilson, co-founder and editor-in-chief of Dark Reading. "Security professionals and executives continue to wrestle with the question of how much to spend on cybersecurity, and how to measure the value of that investment. This event is designed to bring both security people and business executives to the table, and to offer them some advice and recommendations on how to understand the business case for cybersecurity."
The six-hour virtual event offers keynote and panel presentations on the following topics:
- The Real Costs of a Security Data Breach
- Evaluating and Managing the Costs of IT Security
- Cyber Insurance: A Risk Management Tool?
- Measuring Cybersecurity Risk
- Measuring the Performance and Benefit of an IT Security Department
In addition to Dark Reading editors, event speakers include:
- Adam Vincent, CEO, ThreatConnect
- Andrew Morrison, Principal, Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory Cyber Risk Services
- Caspian Kilkelly, Security Consultant, Rapid7 Global Services
- Jack Jones, Chairman of the FAIR Institute and EVP of Research and Development, Risklens
- Jay Jacobs, Senior Data Scientist, Bitsight Technologies
- Jeff Pollard, Principal Analyst, Forrester
- J.R. Cunningham, Senior Executive Director of Field Operations, Office of the CISO at OPTIV Security
- Julian Martin, VP of Product Marketing, MimeCast
- Matthew Gardiner, Senior Product Marketing Manager, MimeCast
- Terry Barbounis, Global Architect Evangelist, CenturyLink
- Tom Bienkowski, Director DDoS Product Marketing, Arbor Networks
To register to attend the Cybersecurity: Costs, Risks, and Benefits Virtual Event, visit: http://events.darkreading.com/cybersecurity/#register
The virtual event diamond sponsor is MimeCast and the platinum sponsors are ThreatConnect, Rapid 7 Global Services, Arbor Networks and CenturyLink Business.