Winterberry Group LLC, in partnership with Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB), just released Taking Cues From the Customer: “Omnichannel” and the Drive For Audience Engagement, a white paper based on a survey of more than 120 executive-level advertisers, marketers, publishers, technology developers and marketing service providers across a variety of industries.
om·ni·chan·nel [om-nuh-chan-l] noun
the development of a true customer-centered promotional approach, one that’s driven by the contiguous needs to identify and engage with ideal customer audiences, optimizing that dialogue over the long term so as to align with the overarching business strategy (all while providing meaningful value to the customer).
Why Is Omnichannel Important To Tech Marketers?
As a tech marketer, you're constantly looking for the most efficient way to attract and engage your potential customers, business and technology professionals. While content is still king and you need to deliver unique, authoritative information to your target audience, "good" content is no longer enough. Business and technology decision makers need information on issues critical to their business--whenever and wherever they want it.
The days have long passed when a tech marketer is challenged to create a cohesive message across media outlets. Today's tech marketer needs to create a cohesive experience across all media outlets.
In - Omnichannel Engagement | 5 Minutes Ago - Integrated Marketing | Out - "The Whole Egg"
Highlights From The Winterberry Group and Interactive Advertising Bureau White Paper
- Omnichannel is an area of future effort and investment for 83% of respondents
- More than half of respondents cited a lack of appropriate tools/technologies as a challenge for implementing an omnichannel approach
- Omnichannel efforts are believed to drive value across brand marketing / awareness, direct response / performance marketing, and customer engagement / servicing
- While only 25% of respondents believe omnichannel advertising formats are currently very important as drivers of customer engagement, purchase activity and lifetime value, 79% believe they will be very important in the future
Six Key Competencies Needed To Capitalize On The Omnichannel Promise
- Customer Analytics and Multiplatform Attribution
- Rich Content—Optimized for Context and Strategic Intent
- Operational Infrastructure Geared to the Needs of Customer Engagement
- Cross-Platform, Audience-Driven Media Products
- Integration of Deeply Engaging—Yet Effectively “Disconnected”—Media Channels
- Elevation of the “Omnichannel Strategist” as a Senior Role