Today's insurance IT challenges don't stump these leaders
UBM Tech's Insurance & Technology (insurancetech.com), announced the 2014 Elite 8 honorees, eight insurance technology executives who are redefining the role of IT and IT leadership at their organizations.
This is the sixteenth year editors of Insurance & Technology have compiled this distinguished list of insurance leaders. The eight men and women are profiled in a special digital issue of Insurance & Technology where they share how their multi-disciplinary backgrounds help them to identify best practices and strategies for replicable success. This year's honorees were chosen for forging new paths that combine proficiency at some of the long-standing requirements of the job -- project management and delivery and vendor management -- with emerging imperatives around mobility, data mastery, and organizational agility.
The 2014 Elite 8 includes:
- Tom Peach, CIO, Zurich North America
- Susan Courtney, Senior VP of technology and operations and CIO, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska
- Todd Albert, VP of information systems, Ohio Mutual Insurance Group
- Tracey Berg, Senior VP and CIO, West Bend Mutual Insurance Co.
- Doug Fick, VP and CIO, The Principal's US Insurance Solutions
- Arne Herenstein, VP of IT, Harleysville Insurance, a Nationwide Insurance company
- Werner Kruck, Chief operating officer, Security First Insurance
- Bryan Fowler, CIO and VP of information technology, Oregon Mutual Insurance Co.
"We believe that true leadership requires a number of characteristics, not just computer science knowledge, but also qualities that are less tangible, such as an ability to inspire or a keen sense of future risks and opportunities," said Kathy Burger, Insurance & Technology Editorial Director. "This year's Elite 8 are spurring some of the most aggressive and innovative initiatives on record, and exemplify what it means to be a leader in the insurance industry."
The 2014 Elite Awards presentation will take place at the Insurance & Technology Executive Summit event, "The Agile Insurer: Speed, Insight, Engagement," on November 9-11, 2014, at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort in Miami. The 2014 Executive Summit is two intensive days of networking and analysis where senior-level insurance executives can learn about industry-leading approaches to big data, customer experience, new operational models, and leadership.
For more information about the 2014 Insurance & Technology Executive Summit: