Government mandates and programs are top of mind for the 322 IT pros in our 2014 Healthcare IT Priorities Survey. Meeting Meaningful Use Stage 2 criteria, implementing ICD-10, and working to qualify as an accountable care organization doesn't leave much time for IT organizations to help healthcare providers optimize the new technology put in place in the last few years.
Other data points:
- 30% say their organizations have no plans to use cloud computing.
- 37% say their organizations are implementing or planning to implement Epic electronic health records systems; 22% choose Cerner.
- 20% of providers have a system in place for chronic disease management.
- 17% say security concerns are keeping them from participating in an HIE.
Respondent breakdown: 39% work for organizations with 5,000 or more employees; 23% have over 10,000. Fourteen percent are executive IT management (C-level or VP).
Download our new 2014 Healthcare IT Priorities report today. Data includes:
- Importance of Healthcare IT Initiatives
- Confidence in Meeting Stage 2 Meaningful Use Criteria
- EMR and EHR Vendors
- Use of Health Information Exchange
- Planned IT Projects