The First in a Series of Groundbreaking Community-Driven Media Platform Launches
SAN FRANCISCO, July 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Tech today announced the launch of the new EETimes.com, the community powerhouse engaging the global electronics industry. The completely restructured platform provides an environment that brings the audience into the conversation through moderated discussions, blogs, and social media, giving the community equal share of voice with content experts. In addition, the revised design is optimized for rapid interaction and engagement among community members, combining both digital and live event content.
For over 40 years, EE Times has served as the go-to source for expert information and resources for electronics engineers worldwide. The new EE Times will continue to provide users with the expert content they have always trusted, while now raising the bar on learning, mentoring, peer-to-peer knowledge sharing, and discussion opportunities. The new EE Times will use UBM Tech's and UBM DeusM's award-winning community solution, which focuses on building specialist B2B communities for targeted market segments. EE Times is the first in a series of groundbreaking community-based launches for UBM Tech coming throughout 2013.
"EE Times is the first launch in our series of pioneering community-driven platforms that combine an industry leading digital brand with an industry leading event brand, in this case DESIGN West," said Scott Mozarsky, President, Media and Partner Solutions, UBM Tech. "In doing so, we've created an 'always on,' highly engaged, globally accessible engineering community that facilitates industry dialogue and supports peer-to-peer learning and education, provides industry information, and delivers world-class marketing solutions for the industry."
Along with expert content, the website will include new community features to enable participants to share their own content, ideas, and experiences directly on the site. EETimes.com will also bring users into the conversation through moderated discussions, blogs, and a full suite of multimedia content such as video and audio.
"Engineering is all about making a difference in the real-world, and engineers are passionate about what they do," said Patrick Mannion, Vice President and Brand Director, UBM Tech, Electronics. "Providing a platform and environment of credibility and trust that allows the engineering community to debate technology issues and crowd-source solutions to their problems, as well easily access expert curated content, is our main goal. Additionally, by linking our online and live event content, we perpetuate a cycle of robust intelligence sharing that's available 24/7, 365 days a year."
The main components of EETimes.com include:
- A new home page design that highlights newly added expert content, blogs, and the latest social posts as well as top discussions and comments from the EETimes.com community
- A broader set of Designlines that feature insights, news, technology articles, end-user examples, and user-generated content within dedicated areas focusing on Automotive; Android; Embedded; Internet of Things; Industrial Control; MCU; Medical; Memory; Open Source; Planet Analog; Power Management; Prototyping; Programmable Logic; SoC; Test & Measurement; and Wireless & Networking
- EE Times University to help community members get up-to-speed on cutting edge technologies through a series of quick, online courses
- Integration with live events that provides direct and reciprocal community linkage to related conferences, such as DESIGN West and DesignCon
- Enhanced audio and video capability to leverage the best medium for the story being told
The site also incorporates education and training powered by TechOnline to help electronics and design engineers stay abreast of the latest technologies through webinars, technical papers, courses, and videos.
The EE Times content team is led by Karen Field, Senior VP and Editorial Director, EE Times, and General Manager, DESIGN West. Additional content staff team members include:
- Kelley Damore, Chief Community Officer, UBM Tech
- Dylan McGrath, Executive Editor
- Susan Rambo, Managing Editor
- Junko Yoshida, Chief International Correspondent
- Rick Merritt, Silicon Valley Bureau Chief
- Peter Clarke, European Director
- Clive "Max" Maxfield, Designline Editor
- Rich Pell, Editor at large
In addition to the full-time team focused on creating and curating expert content, there are more than 50 contributors working on the site at launch with more signing up daily.
To view a video of the new EE Times, click here.